Posted to rec.woodworking
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default Harbor Fright VS Woodcraft

In article , Meanie
wrote:

On 11/24/2014 10:06 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
In a recent conversation where I asked about Woodcraft as a vendor
mention was made of HF having some of the exact same products with
different labeling.

I would note that I have observed over the last few years that the
quality of HF products is dropping off. Also the selection. So, do not
assume an HF product that was adequate before still will be today.

IMO, in years past, HF products were mostly all crap. In recent years
(about 10) and now, HF products are mostly good quality. Yes, there are
a few products which are still crap, but overall, their products have
held up to the test of time.

Also, years ago, they had more woodworking products but as you stated,
that selection has died for whatever reason. I have purchased a few
woodworking products which I still use today.

I tend to agree, I think HF has crept up in quality (they could hardly
go down).
Their selection of tools follows customer buying trends, woodworking has
declined in popularity.

That being said, HF is still my choice for disposable tools. If the tool
is something I need once or twice a year (like the 18 inch "crescent"
wrench). I go to HF.

I also get tools like the right-angle drill I use for (lathe)
power-sanding. For $29.95 (plus 20% off coupon) I get a sander I can
toss when sawdust eats the motor

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv