Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Fergy, no guilty

"trader_4" wrote in message
IDK what US military used before the .45, but a few decades ago,
they went from the .45 to 9mm. Last I heard maybe a year ago, they
were opening the whole thing up again, looking for something with
more stopping power, among other criteria.

They used 38 cal revolvers. It was decded the 38 did not have enough
stopping power so something beter was wanted. The people were often on some
kind of drugs and even though after a killing shot they would have enough
life in them to keep on comming for a short time.
If you have ever seen a deer (close to a big man in weight ) shot with an
even more powerful rifle and still run for 100 yards it would be easy to see
how Brown could keep on comming after being shot severl times.

Unless the brain, spine or major bone is hit people just don't fall over in
their tracks. A man I know was in the Korean war and told how he shot
someone several times with the 30 cal carbine and the man kept on comming
and was finally stopped when someone hit him with the 30/06 rifle. He was
probably dead,but just did not know it from being hit 5 or 6 times before.

---