Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Fergy, no guilty

In article ,
nestork wrote:

I'm having a problem with that.
Couldn't Wilson have shot Brown in the leg once to stop him?

You have watched WAY too much tv. First you ever try to hit a
running knee cap from any distance. The leg in general would worse. Two,
even if he shot him in the leg, that doesn't mean he will go down or
even go down immediately.

After the first shot, I have trouble believing that Brown would still be
approaching Wilson aggressively. Why would it have been necessary to
fire FIVE MORE shots into Brown.

You keep shooting until the guy goes down. There is no forensic evidence
that the shots hit him except from the front so he was still approaching
the officer.

Also, don't police service revolvers typically only have 6 bullets?
Where did the extra bullet come from?

Not only too much TV, but too many Westerns (grin). Don't know of
any cop that carries a six-shooter as his service weapon.

This is stuff that I heard this morning on the TV news. Were they
incorrect about the number of shots? I have a problem with Wilson
needing to empty his service revolver into Brown to stop his attack.
You don't even see that on TV where a person take 6 bullets to the chest
and keeps on attacking, unless of course they're a zombie, but let's no
go there.

See above about usig TV for a standard.
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²