Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus16276 Ignoramus16276 is offline

Default Homemade backhoe advice

You can do anything, but it will cost you a lot more than a real
backhoe and it will likely not be very usable.

On 2014-11-26, Dan waltz wrote:
Hi all,

I'm based in Wales (UK.

I was hoping for some advice before I started attempting to build my own
towable backhoe.

I recently bought plans from a web site online and the frame seems easy
enough to fabricate but the hydraulics seem so complicated that it has
really put me off. Especially as it seems that the hydraulics make up the
majority of the cost.

On further research I have found that I can purchase a used Backhoe
(intended for mounting on a tractor) fairly cheaply.

So, my question is, would is be possible to buy this backhoe, fabricate my
own base and then fit the used backhoe in order to end up with a towable
backhoe.

Many thanks

Dan