Posted to alt.home.repair
Sandy Sandy is offline

Default Roller Marks in new asphalt driveway

replying to H, Sandy wrote:
noemail wrote:

Folks,
A couple of weeks ago, I had my asphalt driveway replaced. The driveway is
about 40 ft long by 16 ft wide.
After the crew left, we noticed that there were roller marks in the
driveway. They were not particularly deep (though one is noticeably
uneven), but the fact that they are even there left us feeling like the job
was poorly done. Across the 16-ft driveway, there are three noticeable,

and
uneven, roller marks.
The paving company said that though it is an "eyesore" (their words), it

was
structurally sound, so they would not do anything about it.
I am aghast at their attitude, but wanted to know from anyone here who

knows
how indignant I should be about this. This was not an inexpensive job, and
I did not take the low bidder. I really expected better. Should I have?
The sole remedy he offered was to send a larger roller to try to smooth it
out. Apparently the larger roller guy came along and told the company that
it wouldn't work.
Can anyone offer a solution to this, short of tearing it out and starting
over?
Thanks

Hi, i just had the same experience with a brand new double asphlat
driveway put in last Friday. So I noticed your post from a few years back
and I was just wondering if you can tell me how the driveway held up?
Mine was done on a cold day not of my choice. Was yours done on a cold
day if you can remember that long ago? Just curious if the temp had
anything to do with roller marks. Thanks,Sandy