Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fergy, no guilty

On 11/25/2014 7:01 PM, nestork wrote:
One thing I heard today that I have trouble with...

(what words, if any, were exchange between Wilson and Brown I don't know
and I didn't hear if there was any sort of verbal exchange. Wilson
might have said "Stop, or I'll shoot" or something to that effect, but
it's not part of what I heard this morning on TV)
Wilson then fired a total of SIX SHOTS into Brown.

CY: Might have been six.

I'm having a problem with that.
Couldn't Wilson have shot Brown in the leg once to stop him?

CY: Only on television. In the real world, cops
are taught to "shoot to stop" which means center
chest.

After the first shot, I have trouble believing that Brown would still be
approaching Wilson aggressively. Why would it have been necessary to
fire FIVE MORE shots into Brown.

CY: Big guy, sometimes big guys can take a lot
of shooting.

Also, don't police service revolvers typically only have 6 bullets?
Where did the extra bullet come from?

CY: US cops now days typically carry 9 MM semi
automatic pistols. That round has been known to
fail to stop, at least a lot of times. IIRC part
of the reason the US Military went from .38
revolvers to .45 pistols, the smaller round
didn't stop enemy soldiers.

This is stuff that I heard this morning on the TV news. Were they
incorrect about the number of shots? I have a problem with Wilson
needing to empty his service revolver into Brown to stop his attack.

CY: Might been automatic.

You don't even see that on TV where a person take 6 bullets to the chest
and keeps on attacking, unless of course they're a zombie, but let's no
go there.

CY: I'd have to look for the stories on the
web, but there have been many where the 9 MM
fails to stop some one who is angry or on
drugs. I can believe a big youth taking seven
before he goes down.

--
..
Christopher A. Young