Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Circular saw blade for cutting aluminum?

On 11/25/2014 2:11 PM, John Doe wrote:
As suggested long ago, a carbide tipped saw blade cuts neatly through
aluminum. But the ~40 teeth stock blade on my miter saw throws aluminum
chips everywhere. I've tried some modifications to catch the aluminum
chips but none work very well. As mentioned, I tried using a DeWalt
cutoff wheel but apparently that doesn't work for cutting aluminum.

Will a finer tooth (more teeth) carbide tipped blade tend to throw the
chips backwards the way they're supposed to go?

Other options for neatly cutting aluminum with a 10 inch miter saw?

Thanks.

Nope. All that will do is throw smaller slivers everywhere.
That's from experience.

Sorry.