nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

One thing I heard today that I have trouble with...

Officer Darren Wilson approached Brown and his friend on the street and called for back-up.
Wilson drove his police car so as to stop traffic and called Brown over.
Brown and Wilson then struggled for Wilson's service revolver, and at least one shot went off with the bullet grazing Michael Brown's finger and lodging in the car door.
Brown then ran away down the same street he was walking down with his friend.
Wilson than got out of his police car and chased after Brown on foot.
Brown then stopped and turned around to face Wilson.
Wilson also then stopped.
(what words, if any, were exchange between Wilson and Brown I don't know and I didn't hear if there was any sort of verbal exchange. Wilson might have said "Stop, or I'll shoot" or something to that effect, but it's not part of what I heard this morning on TV)
Wilson then fired a total of SIX SHOTS into Brown.

I'm having a problem with that.
Couldn't Wilson have shot Brown in the leg once to stop him?

After the first shot, I have trouble believing that Brown would still be approaching Wilson aggressively. Why would it have been necessary to fire FIVE MORE shots into Brown.

Also, don't police service revolvers typically only have 6 bullets? Where did the extra bullet come from?

This is stuff that I heard this morning on the TV news. Were they incorrect about the number of shots? I have a problem with Wilson needing to empty his service revolver into Brown to stop his attack. You don't even see that on TV where a person take 6 bullets to the chest and keeps on attacking, unless of course they're a zombie, but let's no go there.

Last edited by nestork : November 26th 14 at 12:10 AM