Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default car auxhilliary heater

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 10:34:45 -0800 (PST), sm_jamieson wrote:

Ford ?

Landrover Disco II

IIRC heated screens are only found on Fords and Landrovers, something
to do with licencing/patents?

Wife has a fiesta - the little wires in the screen really show in some
lighting conditions.

The only time I really notice them is in near whiteout conditions
when your eyes can only find one thing to focus on... Might get a bit
of glint occasionally.

But that minor thing is well worth it to just being able to start up,
push a button, wait 30 seconds and clear the screen with the wipers.
Esp. on a DII were reaching to the middle of the screen with a
scraper is a bit of stretch.

+1 and some more.

Have one on the Galaxy, had one on the Mondeo, as you say does the job
well. And can't say I've ever found the fine wires an issue either.
--
Chris French