Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default car auxhilliary heater

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 8:09:48 AM UTC, harry wrote:
"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
This year we have a little one to take to the child minders so hectic
mornings, and I have a diesel car which is slower to heat up than a
petrol
car. So I was thinking of some type of auxhilliary heater that can get
things going. Any recommendations? - most of the 12V lighter socket ones
seem to have poor reviews.
Simon.

If you think you're badly off, you need to try an electric car heater!
:-)

Serious question - are the heating facilities in an electric car
sufficient to make the car practical at, say, -10C ? The battery range
must be drastically reduced I would have thought.

Simon.

I've never used it at such alow temperature.
Guessing, I should sy you'dneed warm clothing.
Knocks 25% off the range, maybe more.
Battery works less well in cold weather too. Also = reduced range/charge.
Can't quantify this last.