Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Gap in sidewalk

On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 10:22:53 AM UTC-5, TomR wrote:
In ,
typed:
On Monday, November 17, 2014 9:10:58 PM UTC-6,
wrote:
I have a gap in the side walk in front of my condo and I want to
know the best way to fix it. you can see where the previous owner
had used some type of calking material, but now the gap has opened
up to almost 2".

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...psab322e13.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...psad63b0a3.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ps7b693766.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

I posted 2 more pics:
1st from directly above (vertical)
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ps358d1a9c.jpg

2nd from almost horizontal.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ps2c229dbb.jpg

The first shows the gap movement away from the step. The 2nd pic
shows there may have been 1/4" drop, pic is a little misleading. BTW,
it is rain snow mix here.

Thanks

Thanks for doing more photos. Since the sidewalk mostly moved away from the
step, and may have dropped about 1/4 inch down, I agree with others that
suggested to just clean out the gap and fill it with a flexible outdoor
caulk. I think it should be a quick and easy job. I'm sure there are
concrete crack sealer caulks in Home Depot and Lowes etc, and I would be
looking for one that says that it remains flexible. I also think that there
is a type of caulk in the caulk and sealant aisles that is called "Quad".
That works well. Get it in grey color.

Pick up some foam backer rod to fill in most of the gap first too.