Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anybody have a Digital SLR they have outgrown?

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 19:16:45 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 12:13:19 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 05:58:57 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 03:58:49 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:
Anyone need Minolta MC lenses..Im missing a Minolta body..found at
least 5 lens for Minolta (film type)...unless the Minoltas turns
up..but I think they grew legs sometime back, along with a couple
others. Sigh

Suckage. I need to sell Dad's old Argus 35mm stereo camera.

How much? Ive got several Argus C3s and a few other models in the
collection.

I don't know what it's worth, do you?

Check Ebay. Probably somewhere in the $3-8 range. If its minty..$20

Though I didnt find any stereo cameras made by/Sold by Argus

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2059210.m570.l1313.TR0.T RC0.H0.Xargus+stero+camera&_nkw=argus+stero+camera &_sacat=0

I dont have anything special..other than a couple Nikon S2s, both of
which are Mint. Cases are falling apart though...shrug.

Im still ****ed as hell about missing the Minoltas....best of my
recollection was I had 3-4 of them..SRT101/SR-2/SR-T and a XD-11
(according to some records I have. That pesky stroke has caused more
than a few memory problems like this) I keep brands together in
camera bags..and the Minolta SLR bag is missing. Still have a couple
no value point and shoots from them...but...sigh. Unless its tucked
away somewhere unyet found...someone walked off with it. I suspect I
know who did it..but they are now doing a 3 yr hitch in prison in
Missouri and are out of reach....at least for a while...........

I dont know if you remember me showing you the big black steel cabinet
next to the gun lockers in my "study" ..but the big glass front
cabinets in the dining room were filled with cameras until the ol lady
found some crystal and china at a couple yard sales..(decent stuff)
and I blew the dust off the camera gear and put em away. Probably a
year before you were here.

No, I don't recall those from either visit, mon.

You walked by it 20 times...shrug.

Going through the stuff last night..I did find some cut film backs for
the Mamiya TLRs I never remembered snagging. Kinda like Christmas!!
and some other stuff I didnt remember getting. Im also missing one
Hassy 500C body..but I may have swapped it off...stroke moment writ
large...sigh. Found a Zeiss Ikonta Pronto..absol****inglutly mint in
the case I dont remember getting either..but they are only worth about
$50 at best. I really dont collect based on value..I snag stuff that
tickles my fancy that isnt utter junk..Grafix twin lens reflex...that
kind of thing..Got a few cameras that use film that is impossible to
find..some fo the Autographics for example...620 or 122 films are not
worth the effort finding. Shrug

I never got very deeply involved in cameras until the digitals came
out. Then I saved up and got the Nikon 995 and some extra lenses. I
bent the innards somehow while getting out of my truck with it around
my neck, so it's just sitting. It doesn't consistently autofocus
properly any more. It's not a DSLR, but make me an offer if you want.
Original value over a grand. I have several lenses for it (fisheye,
std, tele) and tons of filters and such. They wanted $150 to fix it,
so I saved up for the D40 kit. If you know some camera people, you'd
get it done cheaply. The only thing I'm missing from my current
camera is a decent flash setup. I even got a pair of silver umbrella
reflectors, 65W CFL lights/stands, and 4 10x20' color backgrounds. The
remote let me snap new portrait photos of myself for the business.
One potential client of mine was going to pay me $300 to do a photo
shoot of his Madrone furniture he builds, but a friend offered to do
it for free. Curses, foiled again! It was his friend's original
photography which I'd commented on that led to the potential work.
The guy had reflections everywhere, washing out the work horribly.
C'est la vie.

Thanks..but Im looking for a DSLR. Ive got a half dozen Olympus point
and shoots..I started out with the Camedia 3000s and am up to the
C-5500s now. I pick em up on Ebay for $15-20 and they work admirably
well. I keep giving them to friends and family and then ordering
another 1 or two. The last pair I bought were NOS...still in the boxes
and unopened. Camedia C-5500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-CAME...-/231393607823

Rugged, decent optics, reasonable pixels..poor flash for anything
other than snap shots of the family/machinery. I use a slave(s) if I
need to light up a bigger area.

I tend to snag cameras at 2nd hand stores/yard sales for a few bucks,
take em home, polish em up, click the shutters a few times, them put
em away...nothing fancy. Once in a while Ill find something way
cool...the Nikon S2s for example. One is a black dial.....gave $20 for
it and another $10 for the 135 mm lens beside it in the cabinet...both
cased and Mint++

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...tmls/s2_s4.htm
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...+s2& _sacat=0

Oh..anyone got a decent light meter..Sekonic/Gossen etc etc. Having
one abient/flash capable would be nice...shrug..but just dreaming...
My old faithful Studio Pro got the incident globe smashed
somehow...and it costs more to replace it than replace the entire
meter on Ebay.

The AUTO position of most newer cameras just about does away with any
need for a meter.

But I enjoy shooting old cameras that take film. I have several of
these that I use regularly...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l2632.R2.TR 2.TRC1.A0.H0.XMamyia+330&_nkw=mamiya+330&_sacat=69 323

And of course Ive got most..not all...but most of the accessories,
Poro finders, multiple lenses, paramender base for close up shots

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAMIYA-PARAM...-/361124280170

Shrug..I have several setups like this...just add filters releases,
hoods, screens, cut film backs, roll film backs... etc etc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mami...-/121487874143

Each of the cases weighs about 25 lbs. Not something you take to
Disney Land with the grand kids.

Ive got a few 4x5 cut film cameras that I used to use the hell out of

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anniversary-...-/161148145353
(full kit, factory case, lamp base, both reflectors, focal plane AND
lens mounted shutters, 10 or so cut film holders...the usual

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Busch-Pressm...-/151386231935

(same setup as the one for sale above)

Had one of these..I sold it 5 years ago when work was bad right after
my surgery...... 2009

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-QUAL...-/300958951916

Also own a Linhoff Kardan..but its out on loan and has been for 10
yrs with the local ROP program...shrug. The instructor is a buddy of
mine and he enjoys teaching kids all the tricks one can do with a
fully articulatable camera.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Linhof-Karda...-/291279375764

they all shoot a single negative (2 per film holder) that is 4"x5".
You can blow up a pretty good sized photo from such a
negative...(grin) I only run em in B&W..my favorite medium for "art"
photos. Still have a bunch of film in the freezer..shrug..including
some IR which is way way out of date..but last time we shot
some..still worked perfectly (it was 20 yrs old then..so its probably
30 yrs old or older now)

A random sampling of scanned photos..I bought a film scanner a few
years ago that allows me to scan negatives and of course Ive got a
good (old) flat bed scanner. I need to start scanning my good
stuff..one of these days..shrug.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...2602/OldPhotos

Ive got a degree in photography...which is why I do something
completely different to make a living....shrug

Anyways..looking for a digital SLR if you run across something decent
but inexpensive

What does "inexpensive" mean to you?

Under $100 or swap/trade etc.

Lots DSLRs on ebay for that price. Just trying to get the biggest bang
for my buck/stuff that I can.

I really have no Need for a DSLR..just a want for one.

Need an Omega Model D enlarger? (4x5 head)..Ive got 2 of them. Out in
storage and Im not sure they are even any good anymore. Havent used em
in 20 yrs. Good heads..bellows might be bad..good Wollensak lenses and
all the negative carriers. Ill dig em out and check to see if they are
still ok.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIMMON-OMEGA...-/181591329229

Got a color enlarger too..Bessler I think. Never used it after I horse
traded for it..color was a pain in the ass to do.
Lots of good deals on that sort of stuff out there.;...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALMOST-ALL-U...-/331393955310

I dont have room for a darkroom...so gave most of my darkroom stuff
away yrs ago

Gunner
PJ O'Rourke