nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

You know, I would hate to live in a place like that where you never know from one day to the next when there's gonna be a riot and when, as a store owner, you're going to have to sleep with a gun at your side in your store at night to protect your inventory from looters. Or when you're going to have to board up your store front with plywood as a measure against looters as happened all last weekend in Ferguson.

In Philadelphia today, a policeman shot a 12 year old brandishing a toy gun. (Some reports are that it was a BB gun, but everyone agrees that it was manufactured to look exactly like a real gun.) I hope the people of Philadelphia recognize that even if a 12 year old points a very real looking gun at someone, that's the kind of situation that can lead to tragedy. Why would someone even want to have a gun like that in their possession when they know the potential for it being mistaken for a real gun? It can't protect them in any real way, all it can do is get them shot.

Last edited by nestork : November 25th 14 at 04:47 AM