Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deadening stainless steel ship noise.

On Tuesday, January 2, 1491 3:01:14 PM UTC-5, Christopher Columbus wrote:
I just got a nice big stainless steel sink for our kitchen. I love it,
except it is loud and "tinny" when you drop stuff in it. I am
thinking of pulling it out, and painting the entire underside with that
thick.. black coating that is available for coating the back of pickup
trucks. It is thick, and I think it would help deaden the sound.
It is also made to stick to the truck in all weather conditions, so I
imagine it will stick to the sink even though expansion and
contraction/hot cold.

Any thoughts? Anything better out there that I should consider?.

I think you should drink a lot of rum, and sing a few
rounds of yo ho ho.

The Viking Drummers can practice on the sink before
chanting stroke, ho.

--
..
Christopher A. Young