Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N[_2_] N8N[_2_] is offline

Default Deadening stainless steel sink noise.

On Tuesday, January 2, 2007 3:01:14 PM UTC-5, Jack wrote:
I just got a nice big stainless steel sink for our kitchen. I love it,
except it is loud and "tinny" when you drop stuff in it. I am
thinking of pulling it out, and painting the entire underside with that
thick.. black coating that is available for coating the back of pickup
trucks. It is thick, and I think it would help deaden the sound.
It is also made to stick to the truck in all weather conditions, so I
imagine it will stick to the sink even though expansion and
contraction/hot cold.

The coated side will be inside the cabinet, and never seen, so how it
looks is not an issue. Because of sink placement, other traditional
insulation is not really an option, so I need something that you
"paint" on, and sticks to the metal.

I considered auto undercoating, but think this stuff goes on just as
thick or thicker, and is made to be exposed so I think it would leave a
better finish, even though it is unseen.

Any thoughts? Anything better out there that I should consider?.

Product for sound deadening for mobile audio installations. Either a spray on like Lizard Skin or sheets e.g. Dynamat, either one applied to the underside.

nate