Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

Mayayana posted for all of us...

| I live in Toronto, Canada. I ran into similar trouble when the fan in one
| of my washroom died. It was an AIRA VSB-X50. There was no replacement
| available in HOME DEPOT, LOWES or RONA to fit the original size.

I've ordered an exact replacement motor online for
a Nutone. Unfortunately, it was as expensive as a new
fan and took some time to get. So it's a tradeoff: The
hassle and expense of a replacement fan or the ceiling
repair required to just repace the whole thing. The
former is usually less expensive overall, but with the
latter you also get a nice, new cover and lens.
In any case, I think just about any part can be found
online these days. It just may not be easy to find the
part you need for cheap.

I thought that Nutone/Broan has a lifetime warranty on their stuff.
Is this correct?

--
Tekkie