Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Gas leaks and gas leaks and gas leaks

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
They have dug the same bit of pavement up repeatedly over the last 12
months, I have reported the smell twice, but the cannot find a leak
from their new pipes. It smells like gas, rather than a sewage leak but
they have had the water people out to check and nothing found. They
have had the smell analysed and its not their gas....

So what could it be?

Its an 18th and 19th C mining area, might it be gas rising from the old
mines? They say mines would be too deep...

it is probably coming out of the old pipes. We had a smell for over year
when they replaced our mains.

Odd that 'they' didn’t work that out for themselves tho.