Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anybody have a Digital SLR they have outgrown?

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 05:58:57 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 03:58:49 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Got the bug for a digital SLR. Doesnt need to be a hip slick and cool
fancy one. Just cheap and functional. Need at least one lens for it,
No need for anything more than about 8 or so megapixels.

Look for an old, used Nikon D40; $100 eBay. I just picked up a
remote control for mine for $2.33 from China and it turned it into a
remote camera because the IR circuits are built-in to the camera. AUTO
currently works better than I can on manual, and I've had the camera
for over five years now. The kit I bought came with an 18-55mm lens
and a 55-200mm lens, equivalent to 300mm. Christmas is coming so if
you need to find a good gift for me, a 1200mm lens would do the job
very nicely, thanks!

Im currently using a couple Olympus Camedia C4000 and C5000 and they
work fine..but was organizing my collectables film camera cabinet
tonight and got a wild hair for a Digital SLR.

Digital is so much better than film on many levels. It gives you
instant access, no hassle and risk of darkroom chemicals or film,
and Photoshop can fix/change/meld your pic into anything you wish.

Its getting harder and harder to get 35mm and 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 film
processed. Shrug And digital would be a hell of a lot better for the
kind of picture taking I do. I still have a couple 4x5s on the
shelf..but its been years..decades since I loaded a film holder and
itrs unlikely I ever will again.

I hear ya.

Anyone need Minolta MC lenses..Im missing a Minolta body..found at
least 5 lens for Minolta (film type)...unless the Minoltas turns
up..but I think they grew legs sometime back, along with a couple
others. Sigh

Suckage. I need to sell Dad's old Argus 35mm stereo camera.

How much? Ive got several Argus C3s and a few other models in the
collection.

I dont have anything special..other than a couple Nikon S2s, both of
which are Mint. Cases are falling apart though...shrug.

Im still ****ed as hell about missing the Minoltas....best of my
recollection was I had 3-4 of them..SRT101/SR-2/SR-T and a XD-11
(according to some records I have. That pesky stroke has caused more
than a few memory problems like this) I keep brands together in
camera bags..and the Minolta SLR bag is missing. Still have a couple
no value point and shoots from them...but...sigh. Unless its tucked
away somewhere unyet found...someone walked off with it. I suspect I
know who did it..but they are now doing a 3 yr hitch in prison in
Missouri and are out of reach....at least for a while...........

I dont know if you remember me showing you the big black steel cabinet
next to the gun lockers in my "study" ..but the big glass front
cabinets in the dining room were filled with cameras until the ol lady
found some crystal and china at a couple yard sales..(decent stuff)
and I blew the dust off the camera gear and put em away. Probably a
year before you were here.

Going through the stuff last night..I did find some cut film backs for
the Mamiya TLRs I never remembered snagging. Kinda like Christmas!!
and some other stuff I didnt remember getting. Im also missing one
Hassy 500C body..but I may have swapped it off...stroke moment writ
large...sigh. Found a Zeiss Ikonta Pronto..absol****inglutly mint in
the case I dont remember getting either..but they are only worth about
$50 at best. I really dont collect based on value..I snag stuff that
tickles my fancy that isnt utter junk..Grafix twin lens reflex...that
kind of thing..Got a few cameras that use film that is impossible to
find..some fo the Autographics for example...620 or 122 films are not
worth the effort finding. Shrug

I tend to snag cameras at 2nd hand stores/yard sales for a few bucks,
take em home, polish em up, click the shutters a few times, them put
em away...nothing fancy. Once in a while Ill find something way
cool...the Nikon S2s for example. One is a black dial.....gave $20 for
it and another $10 for the 135 mm lens beside it in the cabinet...both
cased and Mint++

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...tmls/s2_s4.htm
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...+s2& _sacat=0

Oh..anyone got a decent light meter..Sekonic/Gossen etc etc. Having
one abient/flash capable would be nice...shrug..but just dreaming...
My old faithful Studio Pro got the incident globe smashed
somehow...and it costs more to replace it than replace the entire
meter on Ebay.

Anyways..looking for a digital SLR if you run across something decent
but inexpensive

Gunner

Buy/swap/trade/free

Gunner, cheap ******* to the core.