Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default car auxhilliary heater

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 09:27:48 -0800 (PST), sm_jamieson wrote:

This year we have a little one to take to the child minders so hectic
mornings, and I have a diesel car which is slower to heat up than a
petrol car.

Surely the little one has a decent coat?

So I was thinking of some type of auxhilliary heater that can get things
going. Any recommendations?

Buy a car with an auxillary heater as an option.

Or put a portable fan heater in it as you start breakfasts but be
careful that the air inlet and outlets can't get blocked. Perhaps one
of the vertical ones rather than a traditional flat one.

Personally just put some clothes on. Yes, I do drive a diesel and
it's the best part of 10 mins before the heater starts to work.

As it happens, our 2009 Diesel Ford Galaxy seems to warm up quicker
than the previous Mondeo, but my wife's Yaris does seem to take a while
--
Chris French