nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

It's been said that "weather" is the average of extremes.

Last winter we saw freezing rain in Georgia (of all places) that turned the roads and highways into skating rinks so that people had to abandon their cars on highways and seek shelter in truck stops and garages along the highways.

Last winter we saw an ice storm in Toronto that caused tree limbs to fall and take out electric power lines so that tens of thousands of people didn't have any electricity for weeks on end.

Last winter was the coldest winter on record for Winnipeg, Manitoba where I live.

This winter, so far, we've seen the area south of Buffalo receive over 6 feet of snow in a little over 24 hours in two separate snow falls.

From what I can see, the winters seem to be getting colder as of late, rather than warmer, and that just doesn't fit well with conventional theory that things should be getting warmer.