Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Harbor Fright VS Woodcraft

On 11/24/2014 10:06 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
In a recent conversation where I asked about Woodcraft as a vendor
mention was made of HF having some of the exact same products with
different labeling.

I would note that I have observed over the last few years that the
quality of HF products is dropping off. Also the selection. So, do not
assume an HF product that was adequate before still will be today.

Some are getting worse, and some are getting better.

Yes the selection has dropped. But be aware that there are products that
are only mail order. There website does not show all products either.
Which is wierd. Sometimes it is mistakenly removed from the site,
sometimes by a new product.

I ordered clear 4" hose for my dust collector, only available online.
Not in store. Way cheaper than Woodcraft or anyone else for that
matter, and the quality is excellent.

They used to have a few tools that are no longer available, and I wish were.

--
Jeff