Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default Barry Bucknall: the Father of DIY

On Monday, November 24, 2014 8:44:15 AM UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes I recall him and others. all these round the house jobs on tv is
certainly not a new thing. It was normally on a sunday morning.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"cd" wrote in message ...
The bloke that started it all! I think that was his name.
Anyone remember Barry on the telly in the early 70s with his hardboard,
Formica and Evo-Stick?

Yes I remember him as well.

Because the programmes were live he had as much material pre-prepared as possible, including setting nails. He told the story about the old dear who went to her timber merchants ans asked for the plywood Barry Bucknell used. When asked for more detail she said the one with the nails in it.