Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Barry Bucknall: the Father of DIY

On 23/11/14 21:34, soup wrote:
On 23/11/2014 21:25, DerbyBorn wrote:

in the days when people learned something from watching DIY on TV!

Like how to ruin paneled doors by covering them in hardboard. ;O)

Yes - but easily undone - we had great fund "restoring" our doors.
Hardboard was only panel pinned on and after that we just had to pull
the stops off and re position them.

The hardest bit was dealing with the 1930's "varnish". Turned to toffee
under heat and needed gallons of painstripper. Impossible to sand.

In the end a light sand to key it and overcoat with non-drip gloss
seemed to be the easiest way.