Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cash Cash is offline

Default Barry Bucknall: the Father of DIY

wrote:
On Sunday, November 23, 2014 9:34:56 PM UTC, soup wrote:
in the days when people learned something from watching DIY on TV!

Like how to ruin paneled doors by covering them in hardboard. ;O)

thus preserving them for a future generation to restore them :-)

Owain

Or us old carpenters to cut our then young teeth, repairing some the errors
that were made by the then budding DiYers - thus earning a few shillings to
add to our beer money pot. Tax free of course!

Ah, nostalgia - that's about the only thing I can do now without some bloody
body joint or other hurting.

Cash