nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

I don't hunt, but I do have a bit of experience with deer.

In the town I grew up in, which was about 25 miles north of Winnipeg and had a population of 4400, or thereabouts, deer would often wander into town.

Admittedly those deer were lost and probably scared, but there's no way you could ever get close to one. As soon as you started to approach it, it would be off, and those things can run like the wind. Those times where I saw the RCMP (local police) try to deal with a deer that found it's way into someone's vegetable garden, the deer wouldn't let them get near. The police would just scare it, allowing a clear path for it to get out of the yard, and the deer would run out of the yard and out of town, and that was good enough. My experience with deer is that you can't get anywhere near 20 feet away from a deer (which is what I thought you meant) before it would run away.

Last edited by nestork : November 23rd 14 at 10:48 PM