Posted to alt.home.repair

Default All you macho guys will like this:

micky wrote:
On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:43:27 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/22/2014 9:37 PM, micky wrote:

Good to know. When the snow was deep, a deer ate my new cherry
tree bark last year. Not quite enough to kill it, but I'm not
going to take that lying down this year.

**** on it. Human urine is supposed to keep deer away from things
like that. Best to face away from the neighbor's window when
applying the deer repellent though.

A good idea. Can I just do it now or do I have to wait until it
snows?

Doesn't work . The only thing I had any success with was a mix of
milk , eggs , water , and some cayenne extract soaked in some
water . I added some fish emulsion too - apparently if you keep
this stuff on the trees the protein smells will keep them from
eating it because they don't eat protein . They still nearly killed
my orchard , and may have killed one cherry and

Terrible. When will they learn to respect property rights. Was this
when the other food was covered by snow, or will they do this any day?

my peach tree . This winter some wire cages are going up around them
. With holes too small for their noses to poke thru .
Poetic justice , one of the two marauders is now in my freezer ...
hey , I fed him all summer , it's only right !

The damage was done during a very lush and green spring and early summer .
I bear the deer no malice , they were doing what deer do - tender young
shoots and leaves , a nibble here and a nibble there . I just need a barrier
to what I don't want nibbled . FWIW , last summer was the first time we've
had problems , and it is probably because I cleared an area they were
foraging in and replaced the undergrowth with fruit trees . They've got
plenty more , this whole hollow is mostly dense woods with lots of
undergrowth .

--
Snag