Posted to alt.home.repair

Default All you macho guys will like this:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/22/2014 9:37 PM, micky wrote:

Good to know. When the snow was deep, a deer ate my new cherry tree
bark last year. Not quite enough to kill it, but I'm not going to
take that lying down this year.

**** on it. Human urine is supposed to keep deer away from things
like that. Best to face away from the neighbor's window when
applying the deer repellent though.

Doesn't work . The only thing I had any success with was a mix of milk ,
eggs , water , and some cayenne extract soaked in some water . I added
some fish emulsion too - apparently if you keep this stuff on the trees the
protein smells will keep them from eating it because they don't eat protein
.. They still nearly killed my orchard , and may have killed one cherry and
my peach tree . This winter some wire cages are going up around them . With
holes too small for their noses to poke thru .
Poetic justice , one of the two marauders is now in my freezer ... hey , I
fed him all summer , it's only right !
--
Snag