Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Woodcraft

On 11/23/14, 9:25 AM, Brewster wrote:

I have bought some things from these retailers that were obvious HF
fodder at a time when their price was good. Years later I'd buy the
same thing from HF on a whim and noticed that the HF contraption was
of poorer finish quality. Examples like a carpenters triangle come to
mind. It may be that some things get inspections and those that
qualify as 'perfect' go to the retailers and the cosmetic rejects go
to HF.

-Bruce

And don't be too sure about the quality control either.
When I was looking for a new slide rule I checked Woodcraft because I
was having difficulty finding one that was good quality and actually
*square.*

Probably 1/3 of the Woodcraft squares weren't.
(Yes, I checked and double-checked the engineering squares I used as a
reference.)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)