Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Woodcraft

On 11/23/2014 10:25 AM, Brewster wrote:

But aside from that Woodcraft has a "Columbian" brand bar clamp that is
identical to the clamps found in HF, with the China stamp in the same
place.

I can confirm this with Rockler. They had a hand hole reamer tool,
orange plastic handle with three black, hex shafted bits on closeout.
Unmistakeably the same tool sold by HF. Only difference was there
closeout price was 5x higher than the HF price. I left some clues in the
reviews but they blocked it....

This happens more than you'd think in every aspect of what we buy. I
bought a pair of Dockers chinos at Casual Male for $45 and a pair of
WalMart whatever brand for $18. Stitch for stitch, they are the same
material from the same factory.

Tools, food, appliances, all have the same things at times. A guy I
know was restoring a 70's vintage Jaguar. He bought some of the parts
at a GM dealer.

Have you visited the Alibaba web site? What do you want to buy? You
can stock a store with whatever you need. Line of screws and fasteners?
Air filters for every model car on the road? Plumbing fittings?