Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Woodcraft

On 11/22/2014 7:21 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:13:42 -0800, wrote:

Top that off with the fact that I have seen the EXACT hand tools in
Harbor Freight that I saw last time I was there along with the fact they
are generally overpriced on everything to begin with, and there is no
reason for me to go in a Woodcraft store.

That being said, I have talked other guys that have exactly the opposite
experience at their local Woodcraft. I think the flavor of the store has
a lot to do with the fact the are franchises,

But the tools all come out of the same warehouse.

I'd be interested in knowing which tools you saw in both HF and
Woodcraft. The same brand?

With the Texas franchise, I interviewed for a part time job but was
offered to manage the store with the opening of one of the stores about
5~6 years ago, the store manager is free to buy outside as he saw fit.

But aside from that Woodcraft has a "Columbian" brand bar clamp that is
identical to the clamps found in HF, with the China stamp in the same place.