Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Mouse, maybe mice

On 11/22/2014 5:28 PM, Julie Nilsen wrote:
Is this on topic for this group? If not, please ignore.

How do you catch a mouse that simply will not be caught? Okay, there may be two of them, but my dh and daughter have done everything possible (it's her house) other than call in the professionals. Right now they have more than a dozen traps set up around the area where she has seen them. The fireplace is blocked off because she saw one run in there. My dh has blocked every possible entryway into the house so this one or two have been there for awhile.

She is reluctant to call exterminators because of the possibility of poison and she has a dog that stays home alone for a few hours every day.

What to do? Any suggestions?

I like the Victor mouse trap that looks like it has a piece of Swiss
cheese for the trap lever. Very sensitive to trip. I use peanut butter
and smear it into the holes.

There are traps that aren't worth a damn. Mice can nibble away the bait
without tripping them. Also don't like glue boards. Have not been able
to catch many mice with them and it is torturous to the mouse. Caught
one that had nearly chewed off his leg to escape.