Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Aprilaire 600 humidity output

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 16:03:22 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, November 22, 2014 6:17:26 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:

However I am seeing frost on the window, is that a sign of too much humidity then?

It's only too much if it bothers you for some reason.

It would bother
some of the people here, I think, or at least water on the windows
would, but they don't have a wife with a sore throat. The only
problem with the water is that it might damage the paint on the windows
sills, but you might not have paint or even sills, and you have to
repaiint painted ones once in a while anyhow.

If you get significant condensation on the windows, what do you think is
happening everywhere else that there is a similar cold spot, eg inside
walls,

Why would there be cold spots in the interior walls? Or the exterior
wall inside the insulation.

near electric outlets, etc?

AFA wwater near electric outlets, what's that going to do. Trip a
breaker at most.

I have an extension cord I use with my electric lawn mower. I've left
it outside for 10 years, day and night, 365 days a year lying in the
rain and under the snow. It's never tripped the breaker, and it's a
ground fault breaker that knows how to trip.

Having humidity too high when it's
cold isn't just a bother. It promotes mold, mildew, rot, etc.

They also worry about mold. I've had black mold for other reasons and
it doesn't bother me, but I'm sure it does bother some people. I killed
it either by removing the source of the wetness (a lot of water just
outside) or with bleach, or with paint with mold suppressor added.
(I thought killing it with bleach would make it turn white again, but
that was silly.)

There you go.