Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Aprilaire 600 humidity output

On 11/22/2014 9:32 PM, Hongyi Kang wrote:
I can definitely adjust the humidity level when there is condensation, the
thing is, I'm wondering if my humidifier is functioning right. My furnace
I believe is a 49,500/76,000 BTU, which I really don't know if it's too
much. But if it is, I should probably expect the humidity in house to rise
when the weather gets colder? So far we felt the driest and the humidistat
gave the lowest reading when the weather was lowest. We can see when it gets
really cold how the humidity is, but I really feel that it will just go even
lower. And that's what I'm worried about right now.

I checked the water panel, it was wet everywhere, and the unit was level as well, the distribution tray had water evenly distributed in it, all the 4 little holes had water going through and downwards.

You know, it would be a bad surprise if the tube
from the heat to the humidifier had a damper in
it, and that additional damper were shut.

From here, it sounds like every thing "should" be
fine. I am puzzled.

May I please write you by email, not on the home
repair list?

-
..
Christopher A. Young