Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Main eq bond

On 22/11/2014 20:28, Tim Watts wrote:
On 22/11/14 20:21, Graham. wrote:
We still take are cars for an MOT test even though the MOT was
abolished in 1970.

I dare say some people still refer to the electrical regs as IEE

That was a silly name change IMO - "THe Institute of Electrical
Engineers" is a very old name and caries quite some weight.

Main problem I guess was confusion with the IEEE

There must be other historical agencys that are still around through
common usage.

You have still buy "Type 1 MoT" at builder's merchants.

People will still talk about the "D(H)SS" even though that agency has
not existed for over a decade.

Bombay?

Potato - yum ;-)

--