Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default LG Washer ready for takeoff Strap it down.

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 16:07:42 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

_Stop Fake Bearings - World Bearing Association _ (Watch the video for
the full story on the hazards of fake bearings.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSXAKxTxRro

That video reminded me that the airplane industry had a huge problem with
counterfeit parts. Then there are the vehicle airbags which is still a major
deal. Especially since Takata seems to make bad ****... Wonder what the
specs and who wrote them were on these? Trouble is when one needs these
items to function there is not a Plan B available.

There was a real problem with our military getting counterfeit parts
in recent years. DOD contractors were one of the problems. Not a good
thing during a war and lives depend upon the product quality.

Not sure now, but UNICOR (federal prison industries) used to make
wiring harnesses for military tanks and other critical weapons. There
was a good quality control procedure in place, fortunately.

http://www.unicor.gov/