nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I'd like to see the evidence that shows most scientists "know" that
global warming is moving the jet stream to the south. As opposed to
some scientists postulating that it "might" be a factor. There is a
big difference, you know.
And that is exactly the problem. The jet stream seems to be moving further south over North America over the past few years. But, no one knows IF global warming is causing that or if it's something else, including a natural rythm in the jet stream. We don't understand any of this stuff to make a sound scientific argument that global warming would even affect the jet stream, let alone how.

But, the problem is, that kind of understanding is decades away, and we may not have decades before we change the Earth's climate enough to create changes that we can't control and possibly make vast parts of the Earth uninhabitable.

The huge glaciers that cover much of Greenland are melting. As they do, cities like New York will flood as the ocean levels rise. Hurricanes are predicted to be stronger and more frequent, and so all of the work that was done in New Orleans after Katrina my be for naught if the frequency and intensity of hurricanes hitting the Gulf and East coasts increases.