Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Firearm question for all the enth

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 18:28:29 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 16:25:21 -0700, the renowned "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

I would note that last time I contacted Harrington & Richardson (maybe 3-4
years ago) atleast some of the old H&R guys were still there and they were
glad to answer questions.

Dropping H&R an email question on the H&R website can't hurt. You might
get
lucky and find some of those old guys are still there and still willing to
answer a question or two.

Thanks, I'll pass that and Richards concise comments along.

It seems to be a fairly primitive thing from what he told me.

FYI: Remington bought out H&R some years back. Hence why I said contact
H&R via the H&R site contact info.

I've handled one or two old H&R pistols. My favorite is probably the early
1920s era 922 double actions with the 9 round cylinder. Every time you pull
the trigger they go bang. Pretty hard to beat simple and well designed.

The later 999s were pretty damned good as well, though trigger pulls
sucked badly and not a lot could be done with them..though about a 50%
reduction could be done....most of the time.

Gunner

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Info for manufacturers:
http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:
http://www.speff.com

PJ O'Rourke