Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default moving electrical switch

wrote:
I took out a 9 foot patio door and am installing a 6 foot French door. I need to move my light switch closer to the now narrower door.

Last year I ran a new circuit to my bathroom. The only thing on it is one outlet. (I added an outlet on a different circuit so my daughter and wife could use their hairdryers at the same time.

Could I just run from this circuit to my new switch? The only thing that will be on this switch will be two porch lights.

Or, can you not run off of a bathroom circuit even if I only have one outlet on it?

Hi,
From your subject title, I gather it is to just extend wires in the old
switch box to new box. Nothing to do with bath room circuit.