Posted to alt.home.repair
philo  philo  is offline

Default Dish washer and garbage disposal

On 11/17/2014 08:37 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 20:57:56 -0500, micky
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 19:05:35 -0600, philo wrote:

On 11/17/2014 07:03 PM, micky wrote:
On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 17:21:26 -0600, philo wrote:

A friend is remodeling and wanted me to wire-in a garbage disposal and
dish washer.

May I assume both should be on a GFC breaker?

To be odd man out, my house used 1979 rules, but I have separate
breakers for the D\W. the washer, and the disposale, and none are GFC.

The kitchen, bathroom, and outdoor receptacles are.

I'm going with the present code

You're call. (Has it changed?)

In a dwelling;
There is no requirement to put the dish washer, disposal or fridge on
GFCI circuits, only "where the receptacles are installed to serve the
countertop surfaces" 210.52(G)(6)

OK, so you are saying no GFC is needed if there is no receptacle?

I looked at the NEC and see 210.52 (G) but no subsection (6)