Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Dish washer and garbage disposal

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/17/2014 6:21 PM, philo wrote:
A friend is remodeling and wanted me to wire-in a garbage disposal and
dish washer.

May I assume both should be on a GFC breaker?

Something to consider. If you hard wire, they have to be disconnected if
moved out for service. I put a receptacle under the sink Short cord and
plug makes it easy to handle.

Hi,
Both are installed with plugs in our kitchen too. The possibility is
both having inductive load(motors) it can falsely trigger GFCI sensor
and shut the unit specially when starting. Like wise fridge is not on
GFCI.