Posted to alt.home.repair
harry k harry k is offline

Default Loose kitchen faucet

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 2:41:38 PM UTC-8, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, November 16, 2014 2:17:15 PM UTC-5, nestork wrote:
'Terry Coombs[_2_ Wrote:
;3308223']
Gotta disagree here , trader . Most every single lever faucet I've ever

worked on had a pair of studs coming thru the sink holes where the
supply
lines would be on a 2 handle unit .

I expect every single lever faucet will come with a wide 8" C-C base as
an accessory so that it can be retrofitted to counter tops or sinks with
existing two handle faucets. Otherwise, people wouldn't buy that single
lever faucet because it would leave two wide open gaping holes in their
counter top or kitchen sink.

Terry, I expect what you've seen are those accessories for covering
those 8" C-C holes, but the faucet can be installed without that base
accessory.

--
nestork

Makes sense. I also should correct something I said. I said the
faucet the OP has is held on by a large nut on the faucet where it
goes through the one hole. I'm not sure it's actually a large nut
that larger than the hole itself. It's been a long time since I put
mine in. And now I vaguely recall that maybe there is a piece that
goes underneath and then a smaller nut tightens up against it to hold
it. That would also be easier to deal with than a large nut.

But in any case, as I said before, if he crawls under with a flashlight
and takes a look, it should be obvious what holds it and what needs to
be tightened. Also, if the exact faucet can be indentified, there are
likely install intructions and/or parts diagrams that show what's going on.

A 'basin wrench' deals with those large nuts quite easily.

Harry K