Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Supply Fuse

In message ,
whisky-dave writes
On Sunday, 16 November 2014 13:40:28 UTC, ARW wrote:
wrote in message
On Sunday, November 16, 2014 10:14:37 AM UTC, ARW wrote:
I blew one a few years ago at work. I removed a cooker switch and caused
LE short.

That's quite an achievement when following safe isolation procedures :-)

Rules are there to be broken.

So are fuses..... ;-)

So I did wonder why I was asked if I'd ever heard of one blowing.
I assume they must do otherwise they'd be pretty useless and not used.

Of course they serve a useful purpose

I didn't ask you, my response was to Peter C who suggested that the
reason for some one wanting to fit a lower value main fuse was as a way
for the supply co to reduce demand.

I was just pointing out that main fuses don't normally blow, so that was
an unlikely reason.

The responses here have confirmed that, since all the cases people have
recounted have involved some unusual event.
--
Chris French