Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] larrymoencurly@my-deja.com is offline

Default Loose kitchen faucet

On Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:12:38 AM UTC-7, wrote:

We have a Delta kitchen faucet that is very loose.

http://media.photobucket.com/user/co...02162.jpg.html

When I try to swivel the faucet left to right the base is moving along with the faucet. The entire base if very loose.

http://www.deltafaucet.com/customers...0#flashWrapper

There's a big nut under the sink that holds the faucet in place.
It has to be tightened, but first you have to loosen two lock
screws that hold it in place. Retighten them after you tighten the
big nut.

I noticed some photos of Moen faucets. They're good unless they
leak because repair normally requires removing their cylindrical
cartridge, and it often becomes stuck because of mineral build-up.
Google "stuck Moen" to see how difficult it can be to remove and
how the factory recommendations and usual removal tools are often
completely useless. Because of this, I'd choose one of these
Moen faucets only where the whole faucet can be replaced fairly
easily, like a sink, and definitely not in a shower or bathtub, where
the faucet is installed in a wall. However some of the newer Moen
designs dispense with the cylindrical cartridge and use a much easier
to remove ceramic cartridge.