Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Alkaline Battery Leakage: Dissolving?

On 11/15/14, 3:21 AM, gregz wrote:

Guess what. I did cleaner testing over 10 years ago. I never made a video
back then. I tested several sprays and stuff. As I indicated, some stuff is
best dissolved with water. Here, a guy tested three things, similar to the
test I did. I'll post my test later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg6FmNTNv98

Greg

Me.

http://www.pitt.edu/~szekeres/cleaner.htm

Greg

It seems like three kinds of cleaners. One has solvents that don't
affect metals or plastics and leave no residue. Another has solvents
and leaves a film. A third would brighten tarnished copper.

I've read that when power companies connect transmission lines, they
don't care if the copper is dull with copper oxide. Dull copper doesn't
solder well, but does it add significant resistance to contacts?