Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A good barter

On 11/15/2014 6:18 PM, philo wrote:
I went over to a friend's house to rewire her thermostat due to the wire
being shorted within the wall. It was snagged on something so I could
not fish a new wire through. I had to drill a hole in the floor.

So It would not show, we moved the piano and put the wire behind it.

There was a painting she did many years ago that had fallen down behind
it that she forgot all about. I told her that it would be "plenty good"
payment for my work.

Not only did I get an original paining, she gave me her father's WW-II
Navy Bell!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...01332088_o.jpg

I really did not want to take something so valuable so I may end up
doing some more work for here.

There was a blown breaker in the panel feeding a short somewhere as it
pops as soon as turned on.

I asked here when that happened and she said, " I don't know, maybe
three years ago." Must not be on anything important!

Sounds like you are both pleased with
the arrangement.

Worth trying to isolate the short, and
repair it. Never know when someone is