Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default A good barter

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 17:18:51 -0600, philo* wrote:

I went over to a friend's house to rewire her thermostat due to the wire
being shorted within the wall. It was snagged on something so I could
not fish a new wire through. I had to drill a hole in the floor.

So It would not show, we moved the piano and put the wire behind it.

There was a painting she did many years ago that had fallen down behind
it that she forgot all about. I told her that it would be "plenty good"
payment for my work.

Not only did I get an original paining, she gave me her father's WW-II
Navy Bell!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...01332088_o.jpg

I really did not want to take something so valuable so I may end up
doing some more work for here.

Snip

You ought to be arrested for theft. :-)

Damn nice bell!