Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fishing wires in a condo

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:06:05 -0500, micky
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 05:40:21 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:05:53 AM UTC-6, micky wrote:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 22:14:29 -0500,
wrote:

I made a 12 foot drill in 4 3 ft sections that thread together - made
out of 1/" water pipe. I used a forstner bit on the end.

I should have thought of that. It was hard to drill from 8 feet up. I
forget exactly why.

I remember. It was because the shaft of the bit bent. When it's in a
wall it can only bend so far, but it's not that way in the stack/chase.

Are you going down the walls or down the space in the stack? It's been
days and I've lost track.

Went to HomeDepot, they didn't even know what the blue stuff was.

I don't know what blue stuff is either.

went to Menards, they had 3/4" and 1" in 10' whips or 100' roles.

What does, plastic water pipe? Pex comes in rolls but I doubt you
can't use that to extend a dril. It's more flexible than the flexible
drills.

Clare was talking about, well, I'm not sure what screws together other
than threaded metal pipe, but he was talking about something that
doesn't bend much, not PEX.

1/2 inch galvanized water pipe - schedule 40. I dare you to bend it
(or twist it off). It will throw you off a ladder before it will
twist, bend, or brak.

All I need is 30', the sales guy tried to convince me to just buy 10' pieces and use couplers.
My better sense tell me that I don't what a break in the wall.
Any place else that I can buy this stuff ?