Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

"trader_4" wrote in message

Now, as I've said before, neither you nor I know for sure how Costco sets
it's
tire prices. It could be that they throw a dart at a board. It could be
that
they lose money on every tire sold and don't give a damn. But economics
is a science and the expected result in a free market when you increase
the
cost of production is higher prices. Prices go up to maintain the same
margins.

I am sure people have been looked at in many years over the years. To
someone like me that has not, it seems difficult to know what drives people
to buy things. I know a small farmer that had some produce for sell at a
flea market. At 25 cents he could not sell any, but as soon as he took that
sign down and made it 3 for a dollar he started selling the same thing.
Peopel would pay more ,but probably thought they were getting a bargain.

While right or wrong, I am sure any business of any size has some people
looking at ways to get customers in the store and make the most profit.

---