Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The chimes, the chimes...

On Thursday, 13 November 2014 20:38:36 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Chris French wrote:
I find the indicator clicker on our 2009 Ford Galaxy annoyingly quiet -
above about 40 you can't hear it, and so I can drive for ages before I
notice the indicator light on the dash.

That's the problem I have too. It has an early electronic flasher unit
which is nowhere as loud as the old bi-metal strip type. But if I had an
electronically generated noise via an amp and speaker, would be easy
enough to make it as loud as I want. Even to make it louder as background
noise goes up.

Wouldn't be hard to do with an arduino or even a pi.

Could do but niether are really amplifiers, might prove to be more expensive too and quite a bit of faffing about.
This might be OK
http://www.rapidonline.com/audio-vis...or-kit-70-4124
The Following Effects may be Generated Directly by Means of a Push Button Machine Gun, European Siren, Phasor Gun, Racing Car with Motor Howl, Screeching of Car Tires on a Curve, Explosion, Mortar Fire Followed by Explosion, Wild Charge Tune or Snake Charmers Tune, US Siren, Ideal Device for DJs, Jingles for Radio Stations or Just to Attract Attention.
Or to annoy someone, they left that use off the list