Posted to rec.woodworking
Morgans[_3_] Morgans[_3_] is offline

Default TV stand

"Larry Kraus" wrote

Leon, I'm pretty sure it was a magazine plan, and the TV sat on the top.
As I recall they did not make a big deal of the sliding top and the
"screw the cabinet to the wall" requirement was kind of snuck in near
the end. If I kept that feature I'd probably add a fold down leg to
support the top during wiring changes.
If it were me, I would incorporate a hidden compartment in a toe kick
space, and put 3 or 4, 4"x8"x16" cap block in. Make it open on the back
side. Set the unit almost in place, put the cap block in and slide it back
against the wall. No legs or screws needed.

Jim in NC

---